When you’re a musician, your primary purpose is to a) make music and b) get that music out into the world. Sometimes, accomplishing “b” can be a bit challenging.
In those cases when you just have to do-it-yourself, DIY Music is here. Our new Marketplace app provides a self-contained e-commerce platform that allows artists to sample their music, sell it directly from the DIY Music widget and share it across all social networks.
The best part? You have the option to sample and sell individual songs, whole albums or an entire artist catalogue, and you retain 78% of your sales. However, DIY Music does not yet report to SoundScan – but they’re working on it, so stay tuned.
How it works:
- Sign in through the Marketplace: Install the app for the artist of your choice; read and agree to the terms and conditions and wait for the app to verify the connection.
- Find your assets as transferred through our API: You’ll get a personalized email from the DIY Music guys letting you know when your assets have been imported through The Orchard’s API.
- Review, edit and sync your files: Here you have the option to edit the metadata of your files straight from the app and re-sync. Check that the files are properly imported by going to the ‘Files’ tab and clicking “Check Files.”
- Set the preview time for your clips: On the ‘Clips’ tab, you can create custom preview times or enable full-length streams.
- Assign pricing and territorial rights: When you’re done working with your assets, go to the “Marketplace” tab (the one with the $ sign) and start creating your portable store by determining the price of your album, songs or catalogue and the territories where you’d like your music to be available. You can choose pricing for MP3 and WAV files and select a start and end date for your store.
- Create portable and digital storefronts: Create your DIY Music widget for your song, album or catalogue and preview it in real time through DIY’s Store Builder.
- Deploy your stores: Share your store on Facebook, embed it on your website or email the link to your contacts to get the word out and start selling!
- Follow your sales and get paid: Go to the Reporting tab to track your sales and view your payment history.