Among the many services your Orchard client dashboard offers, detailed Analytics of your sales is one you don’t want to overlook. It provides you with a transparent look into your revenue accounting across all platforms and territories and even provides daily iTunes analytics, including a visual map of your iTunes sales by zipcode – similar to a weather “heatmap.”
Here are 5 things film providers can do with that map.
- Test the effect of grassroots marketing. Hand out fliers at a local event related to the topic of your film advertising its availability on iTunes, and log in daily for the next week to check results.
- Test the effect of theatrical screenings. Embed an advertisement for your film’s availability on iTunes at the beginning of your film when it screens to an audience, and log in the following week to see the impact.
- Book a tour. Notice a cluster of purchases in some cities you didn’t expect? Program theatrical screenings to target your newfound audience.
- Connect with your fans. Notice some new downloads in an area? Shout out a thanks “to your new fans in Owensboro, Kentucky” on Twitter. Attending an event in a city where you have a cluster of sales? Post that you’ll be attending the event on your Facebook to lure in your fans to say hi.
- Impress your investors. Demonstrate your success in a visual way to your investors and producers. Show them the global scope of your audience and the success of your marketing efforts.