Since “What I should do better” is a bit open-ended, I’m constraining myself to apps in the Marketplace (can’t stray too far away from The Orchard). Here are five things I should do:
- RocketHub – I’ve always wanted to make a coffee table book of travel photos, but first I need to visit a few more countries. So, I’ll try to raise money from RocketHub for my travel expenses, I’ll keep a journal along the way to share with my Fuelers and then give individual prints and finished copies of the book for certain donation thresholds.
- Charitable Checkout – I was part of Big Brothers Big Sisters for a few years, but even though I’m no longer donating my time, I’d still like to help them in some way. Charitable Checkout is an easy way to post a widget on my page to encourage my friends to donate to the charity of my choice.
- Songpier – I need to be mobile-optimized!
- Dropcards – Next Christmas, I’m designing my own Dropcards, loading them up with photos and videos, and sending them out as my holiday card.
- webdoc – Speaking of Christmas, for my next Christmas party, I’ll post the invite on webdoc so that my friends can comment on how much they’re looking forward to it through their witty video, photo and audio responses (yes, I have high expectations of my friends). I can even add in a Google map to my place and grab a photo from Facebook that my friend posted from an old party. Want to come?
If you’re way too tired or focused on SXSW to make any parallels from this list to your business, here you go:
- RocketHub – Raise money to record your album
- Charitable Checkout – Get your fans to donate to charities you support
- Songpier – Give your fans a way to get info on their smartphones
- Dropcards – Include bonus tracks and videos with CDs and vinyl
- webdoc – Ask your fans to post their photos/videos from your tour
Now, back to my Facebook Timeline….