Sure, new apps are great — but updated apps are even better! Why? Because they aim to improve a product based on what people want and need. That’s exactly what DIY Music, the do-it-yourself e-commerce platform, has done with their series of updates to their app. As an Orchard client, you can benefit from all of them via our Marketplace.
So, what’s new with DIY Music these days?
- Email Collection Tool: This is our favorite update, and we’re sure it’ll be yours too. Under the new Marketing tab in the app, you’ll now find a widget creator for your email for media tool. It’s the same deal as you’ve seen before: fans type in their email, verify their address and get a free download — all so you can beef up that mailing list!
- Video Plug-In: You can now import your YouTube video links from Artist Builder into your Store widget for added value. (Unfortunately, Vimeo isn’t compatible.) Because it’s all about the visuals, right?
- Customization: Your Store widget will be even more you with options to customize your text and background colors as well as background images.
- More Detailed Analytics: If you’re a data lover, this one’s for you (if you’re not, you might want to become one!). In addition to your regular Sales Activity, your Reporting tab now provides additional Analytics on interactions that happen within any and all your widgets. Numbers are broken down by Category, for example Album, Song or Email for Media widget, and Actions, including views, activations (when a person actually clicks to open the widget), shares, plays, cart adds, cart removals and conversions.
- Buy URLs: These allow you to get fans to buy your music instantly by sharing them on sites like SoundCloud or Twitter. Fans are automatically redirected to Amazon or PayPal to complete the purchase.
- Better Pricing Interface: DIY heard your calls and changed the default pricing on albums to $9.99 and on tracks to $0.99. These are still totally adjustable, but this way your most common pricing options show up first. They’ve also added a Pre-Sale option, where consumers can buy your music in advance and get an email with a download link once it’s available.
- Mobile-Optimized Landing Pages: Flash may be dying but it’s not dead yet. DIY Music has created mobile-compatible landing pages in HTML5 when fans are viewing your widgets on their smartphones. These can be branded too, adding to the experience.
- SoundScan Integration: DIY Music now reports all your sales to SoundScan!
DIY has also revamped its store widgets for a fresher feel. They’re not only better looking, but they’re also easier to navigate. Plus, they have a new Help section to make sure you’re getting the best experience possible.
So go ahead! Try DIY Music out for the first time or rediscover it all over again.