Never underestimate the power of a simple concept. email4download, or e4d for short, appreciates that. This application designed by Push Entertainment is an embeddable widget that captures fans’ email address in exchange for a download. Fans can then choose to embed the widget on their own website or blog, spreading the word as they do.
Get the widget in a few simple steps:
- Install and launch the app in The Marketplace
- Fill in your artist name and the title of the song you will provide for download
- Upload the MP3 by either selecting a title already pulled from The Orchard’s database or by uploading manually from your desktop
- Preview and test the widget carefully, as once the widget is live, you will not be able to make any changes
- Select the number of downloads you wish to purchase for the widget
- Go live and let your widget out into the world using your personalized embed code
Once you’ve set up your widget and embedded it on your website or blog, you can return to the app at any time to view your widget’s activity, and download an Excel spreadsheet with your newly acquired contacts. You’ll also have access to a “download-o-meter” which keeps track of your remaining credit.
As a Marketplace special, the first widget is free for clients of The Orchard and includes 1,000 downloads. Additional widgets are $49 for 3,000 downloads and $100 for 10,000 downloads.
Watch their mini-demo below and start building those contact lists!
It doesn’t get much simpler than that.