San Francisco, CA — September 12, 2011 Today, The Orchard launches its Marketplace to help its music and video clients connect with their audiences in a multitude of ways. Leveraging its industry-leading Artist and Release Builder to seamlessly integrate with application partners such as FanBridge, Moontoast, BandRx, Ganxy and Songpier, this integration enables clients of The Orchard to communicate, promote, sell, advertise, and analyze in ways that were to date significantly less integrated, intuitive and efficient.
“In its newly-launched Marketplace, The Orchard has created a dynamic and powerful ecosystem of tools that artists and labels can leverage to grow their businesses,” says Aleks Jakuiin, President and Co-founder of Ganxy. “We’re proud to be a part of the Marketplace and to contribute to the success of some of the top musicians in the world.”
With its twenty launch partners, The Orchard has leveraged its API to make integration for third party developers a cinch. Once an application is integrated and part of the Marketplace platform, it becomes available to The Orchard’s vast array of global clients. From Moontoast for direct-to-consumer sales to BandRx for Facebook music pages, from Rockethub for crowdfunding to Voxbloc for fan loyalty programs, this powerful connection of solutions providers with content creators and managers changes the dynamic of bringing content to audiences. Now, Orchard clients can use their Orchard Workstation to sign into all of these tools, select audio, artwork, tour dates and other marketing information stored in The Orchard’s cloud for use in these tools, and also receive discounts on the tools. Additionally, The Orchard has created Digital Press Kit, Streaming Player and SoundCloud apps for clients to use for free when they first enter the Marketplace. Marketplace users will also be able to then rate and comment on each app to assist other users in choosing which apps are right for them.
“We at FanBridge are extremely happy to be one of the first companies to have partnered with the Orchard for the new Orchard Marketplace platform,” says Gray Blue, Director, Music Industry Relations of FanBridge. “We’re thrilled to have the opportunity to provide empowering communication tools to the Orchard’s outstanding roster of labels and artists.”
“Our clients frequently ask us to recommend tools and services to power their promotions, so we’ve built a one stop shop that offers a collection of apps,” says Jaclyn Ranere, VP of Product Marketing at The Orchard. “We’re thrilled with the selection of apps available at launch, and look forward to expanding this list to give our clients access to new applications as they are developed.”
For more on the Marketplace, watch this video: www.theorchard.com/marketplace. The tool is now available to all clients of The Orchard through their Workstation logins.
Currently Available In The Orchard Marketplace:
- BandRx – a free, easy to use application that allows bands to easily customize their Facebook fan page by adding music, videos, merchandise, tour dates and more.
- Digital Press Kit – turn Orchard-delivered assets into a neatly organized, customizable Press Kit in a matter of minutes.
- Dockvine – an app that keeps fans engaged with your latest social media without having to leave your website.
- Dropcards – the leading provider of download cards for the entertainment industry.
- FanBridge – a fan relationship management & marketing platform that merges email and social media channels with direct-to-fan engagement tools to grow and monetize fan bases for bands, brands and entertainment properties.
- FanRank – the leading social loyalty facebook app that rewards fans for spreading the word about the things they love.
- Ganxy – turns the entire web into a storefront by enabling artists, labels, and other content owners to easily sell music, video, and any other digital content to fans through an ultra-simple buying experience.
- Haulix – easy digital promotions for the music industry.
- Moontoast – enables musicians to share and sell music and physical merchandise direct to fans on Facebook.
- Mobile Backstage – your ultimate digital fan club that combines the best features of mobile, social media and web 2.0.
- MusicHype – gives artists & labels tools to help them recognize and reward their fans for all the word of mouth marketing fans do online.
- Promo Player - promote songs you’ve delivered through The Orchard in a sleek, customizable streaming player that can be embedded on websites, blogs, and shared to social networks.
- RocketHub - the top global crowdfunding community where artists raise funds and find valuable next-step opportunities.
- ShareSquare - a platform for connecting offline audiences with the bands and brands they love, via QR codes and the mobile web, with real-time analytics.
- Songpier – an online app service enabling every artist to build a cross-platform WebApp, which can be deployed immediately and independently from any AppStore.
- SoundCloud – a social sound platform that enables anyone to create, record, promote and share their sounds on the web, in a simple, accessible and feature-rich way.
- Voxbloc – a network of the best online loyalty programs that rewards fans for supporting their favorite artists, brands, products and events.
- webdoc – a social communication platform where users can build dynamic content and share experiences with friends, fans and online communities using audio, video, photos, and interactive apps.
Coming Soon To The Orchard Marketplace:
- Adva Mobile – provides Artists a complete mobile marketing platform to take advantage of everything mobile has to offer – Mobile Web, Apps & Marketing.
- Gigaboxx - a Mobile web app builder, allowing artists to sell music direct-to-fans using SMS and QR code at their live events.
- Link-Busters – the leading anti-piracy solution for the music industry.
- Mobile Roadie – customizable app platform allows you to engage, reward, and monetize your fan base.
- PlayMPE – an end-to-end security, marketing, and distribution system that enables pre-release delivery of music directly to radio.
- PUSH Entertainment - email for download. An embeddable & shareable widget that allows email addresses to be collected in return for an mp3. Delivered by Push Entertainment who provide on-line fan engagement tools and data capture tools to the music industry.
- SoundOut – used by major radio groups, record labels and thousand of independent artists, SoundOut provides objective feedback, predictive insight and analytics on new music
- And MANY more