With Somewhere Else being the Swedish italo-disco duo’s first release in four years and the knowledge that the band does not perform live, our goal with this worldwide campaign was to revitalize their social presence and develop alternative ways for them to interact with fans.
First step: refreshing Sally Shapiro’s Facebook page with new cover art, app reskins and an updated About section. On the apps front, we implemented FanRx, a Facebook app that shares music, video, tour dates and more; Viinyl, an app that creates a website around a single song; and Urturn, a fan engagement platform.
Next, we offered an email-for-download premiere on Nylon Blog through SoundCloud Email Unlock, and later through the Viinyl tab on Facebook and its corresponding landing page.
To engage local fans, we partnered with the best local music service: Spotify. We offered a one-week pre-release stream on Spotify Sweden, as well as an interview on Spotify’s blog. In addition, Spotify promoted the release in their weekly newsletter and on their Facebook page, and we ran some ads on the local service for additional support.
To get fans excited globally, we threw a Soundrop-powered “release party” that was accessible both within Spotify and a YouTube-powered Facebook app. The event included an hour of live chat with the band and was promoted on Spotify’s home page and Soundrop’s native Spotify application.
Tying the campaign together, we launched two ad campaigns. The first targeted a specific set of music blogs and websites; the second reached friends of Sally Shapiro Facebook fans who liked Electronic, Pop, Dance and/or Indie/Alternative music via Facebook Sponsored Page Ads.
- Facebook Page Likes increased 23.2%
- Viinyl Email-for-Download widget collected over 930 emails and generated 2,153 views and 730 downloads
- Soundrop listening party attracted a total of 12,268 visits week of release, with a peak of 350 listeners at the highest volume time in the room
- Ads on music blogs and websites recorded a Click-Through Rate of 0.1%
- Facebook Sponsored Page ads generated a Click-Through Rate of 0.584%
- Average Wikipedia monthly views increased by 340%
- Somewhere Else debuted at #46 on Billboard’s Electronic Chart and #122 on Billboard’s New Artists chart
For your viewing pleasure: